Cardiovascular Diseases account for about an estimated figure of 17.7 million deaths each year according to the World Health Organization.
The underlying symptoms of Cardiovascular diseases narrows down to the severity of arrhythmias, cardiac stroke, heart attacks, poor blood supply, damage to heart values, peripheral and congenital heart disease. The timely monitoring and treatment of these diseases from the onset of these symptoms is the need of the hour.
1. Why is Ecg Monitoring important?
2. What is an ECG Simulator and its functions?
3. What is the use of ECG Simulator?
4. How does an ECG Simulator work?
5. How to connect to an ECG Simulator?
6. Who can use an ECG simulator?
Why is ECG monitoring important?
In nutshell, Electrocardiogram is a type of test that records and evaluates the electrical signals and heart’s rhythms.
ECG monitoring is highly critical as it intervenes in early diagnosis of cardiac conditions, thus saving one’s life in emergency and as well as survival stages.
Every Single Second counts to save your patient’s life.
In such emergency times, the healthcare providers must be equipped with well working modern equipment and in turn, the clinicians must possess the skill and sufficient knowledge in handling the ecg monitoring.
While the development of a good quality and performing ecg system’s diagnostic algorithms is an ongoing process in the medical arena, one needs to understand that an ecg simulator produces the human arrhythmias which diagnose cardiac abnormalities.
To better understand/ educate the ecg information at any moment other than in a medical setup , the highly complicated electrocardiography system demands an ECG Simulator .
Thus, to facilitate the smooth and timely conduction of ecg monitoring and medical personnels to be experts, the ECG Simulator plays a pivotal role.
What is an ECG Simulator and its functions?
ECG Simulator (heart/ patient simulator) is a type of electronic simulation tool that mimics the human heart’s electric signal waves to the cardiac monitors. In general, an electronic tool that mimics the vital signs of a patient.
In addition, it also trains the clinicians to find out on how to perform diagnosis for a few cardiovascular conditions. Similarly, the simulator presents information on heart status whether the heart beats are produced or not.
What is the function / use of ECG Simulator:
It is an indispensable tool during the development, testing, and servicing of cardiac machines.
- Ecg simulators are used during the testing phase of the performance parameters of the cardiac machines.
- Ecg Simulator comes in handy where it benefits the engineers and technicians who are involved in the process of servicing the Ecg systems.
- Acts a safety tool during the development and testing phase of the cardiac monitors. As per the government restrictions and regulations, Human beings cannot be allowed to give input signals to the ecg systems before the approval phase due to safety concerns.
How does an ECG simulator work?
The cardiac simulators are attached to the lead cables of the ECG machine.
The cardiac simulators deliver the electrical signals and replicate any type of human heart beats.
The results on the simulator are compared against the results on the cardiac monitor.
If any kind of variations in the results, the ecg machine can be used for calibration or repaired or replaced. One may also be able to locate the patient cable’s loose connections.
How to connect to an ECG Simulator?
- Switch on the ECG simulator through battery or mains mode.
- Select the desired parameter (heart rate) and amplitude.
- Connect the ECG cable to the ECG system or Patient monitor.
- Connect the patient lead ends namely either snap buttons, banana clips, clip ons to the simulator according to the matching color codes. (An ideal simulator will have provision for all types of patient connections.)
- Switch on the patient monitor and the waveform appears according to your selection input.
- In case of using the Biometric cables’ Cardiosim 3 Ecg simulator, ecg cables are not required. You can connect the adapter cable that is appropriate to the patient monitor or ecg recorder.Thus, it gives a tangle free environment and saves huge time while mass testing.
Who can use an ECG simulator?
Medical Professionals such as Nurse, Future Physicians, Emergency Medical Technicians, and medical students generally use ECG simulators for better guidance and familiarise on the different heart conditions through ecg readings.
It also teaches students and technicians on how to read 3, 4, 5 and 12 lead rhythm.
Although medical professionals use ecg simulators as primary analysis tools, it cannot be used as a complete replacement for physician diagnosis.